A Very Poppy Purim
Add to Calendar
Every year, A Very Awesome Purim throws a big Purim party and puts on a musical about a drunken king, an evil prime minister, and a queen who saves the entire Jewish population. The production strikes a careful balance of off-color humor, on-key parodies, and surprisingly poignant lessons about cultural acceptance. With your help, we choose a theme—this year: "Pop Legends"—and translate it into an original musical telling the story of Purim.
This is what you can expect from the night:
- An interactive musical featuring parodies of your favorite Pop hits.
- Drinking! In Purim tradition, you're supposed to drink until you can't tell the difference between the good guy and the bad guy in the story. (It's not difficult)
- A costume party. Dress to the theme, or any costume will do.
- A boisterous dance-along: With songs like "Like a Persian" and "Thrill me Queen" and more audience participation than ever before, this is not a year to miss.
- The greatest party of the year. We might be biased. Guess you'll have to find out.
And oops, we did it again: created a brand new show with a brand new theme voted on by you! This year, we'll be partying like it's 1999 BCE at A Very Poppy Purim. You are in store for a night of six-pointed star power, featuring pop legends from every generation including Queen V (AKA Veyashti), the King Achashverosh of Pop, Lady Estha, Morty Mars, and the Asshole Formerly Known as Prime Minister.
Note: You do not need to be Jewish or know anything about Purim to attend this Purim party. This is a celebration for everyone.
Past themes include Beatles (2019), Broadway (2018), Disney (2017), One-Hit Wonders (2016), Glam Rock (2015) and 90’s (2014).
$20 tickets will be sold at the door.
635 Sackett Street
Brooklyn, NY, 11217